The popular believe that the word “hairstyle” only enclosures the types of up do’s and the different ways to tie your short hairstyles.
But the truth is that hairstyles include hairdos and haircuts and even, they can actually include the styling of facial or body hair.
Taking care and making our hair look fashionable is something that has been on the human life since over 20 thousand years!
This is known as that is the time where the first braid was first registered.
With this we are not trying to bore you to sleep what we want is to let you know that hair styles have been on our lives for so long that you can be sure.
There is a hair style perfect for your short hair, all that is left for you to do is a little research on what styles fit you best.
Hair styles have gone through such a long way, as we said before, they have evolved and gone through so many changes that just “one” look can have so many variations.
Which means that that one hair style can become plenty and various looks with just little differences.
In roman empire, for example, women wore their hair in complicated and intricate styles; curls on top of the head, and even sometimes rows of braids drawn back.
Manly hair styles are not out of the sphere, actually they have gone through as much as girl hair styles have gone through.
During the 15th and 16th centuries, wore their hair no longer than shoulder length, with every man in fashion rocking fringes, known more commonly as bangs.
Then what man had coming were those big white wigs that you can see on movies and such, and this kept going until the 17th century where natural hair came back into fashion.
And from here on they have changed subtly in style, bearded men coming in and out of fashion every once in a while.
Take into mind more contemporary hair styles that you may even have worn in your life, the 1970s was a really ‘natural’ decade and women wore plenty of fairly natural styles.
The 80s were more of a big hair, with voluminous sprayed hair pulled back with scrunchies or even stretchy ponytail holders.
Today both men and women can choose from just wide range of hairstyles, although they are still expected to wear their hair in ways that conform to the gender norms that us, as society, have imposed.
Perfect short hair
There are defining factors that you can look for when looking for your perfect short hair hairstyle.
Hair styles aesthetics are determined by a wide arrange of factors that should be taken into consideration by you.
For example, at the moment of deciding what hair style you should do to your hair you need to see what haircut can fit best with your physical attributes.
As a good haircut or even a change in hair style can completely change the way you look and enhance your physical features (i.e your cheek bones, or your jaw line).
It can also hide trouble features you don’t like about your face so you feel more comfortable.
Your desired self-image can be another important factor to take into consideration when looking for a change of hair style.
You can find yourself noticing that a hair style that you want will not work with your face structure or maybe it can be just that it does not make you look the way you want to.
This does not mean that this has to be a bad thing and you should not let it affect you, you can look for more hair styles, and never be afraid to ask your hair stylist what they thing would fit you best.
We want you to know that there are some things you cannot run away from and that is your physical features, just like the natural way your hair grows.
Especially if you want to have a short hair style and maintain it as if you have a quick hair growth then your hair style will need much more care and maintenance than someone that does not have just a fast hair growth.
It is also important for you to know that hair styles for short hair can make you fit into a certain social group thanks to a specific hair style that group is known for using.
For girls, it is usually that short hair styles can represent, for example, a group that is known as punk or rock can be what people place you in, especially if you go for the buzzed at the sides and longer on the top of the head look.
Hair styles are done by placing the hair in a certain way, the most common way by using combs, blow dryers, gel, hairspray and other products that can help you reach the wanted results.
Short hair hairstyles are not very common, and actually most people have the believe that they are almost impossible thanks to the shortness of the hair.
But they are not in the correct, while yes, they are difficult to achieve it does not mean that they are impossible, there are plenty of choices for you to have your short hair with style and in fashion.
Before doing the hairstyle for short hair you should be aware of the processes you may go through when deciding to style your hair.
Styling short hair can include several steps including cuts, weaves, coloring, extensions, curling and many other forms of styling or texturing that are out in the world.
Depending on the hair stylist and the type of hairstyle or haircut you are going for you should wash your hair beforehand, many stylists wash the hair so they can cut their clients’ hair while it is still wet which can be easier to manipulate when styling and cutting it, making it easier to create a shape or a straight line.
Cutting hair while still wet is not recommended for all hair types, quite contrary actually.
If you have curly or coyly hair it is better for you if you cut your hair while dry on its natural state, so you can have a better line and style.
The cutting while wet method is better used for straight or wavy hair, this technique works thanks to the water maintaining the hairs strands together and pushing them down thanks to the gravity.
This step is not completely necessary for a hairstyle if you already have short hair, although trimming your hair constantly will be necessary to maintain your short hair healthy and the way you want it.
Cutting can also be used to create the shape and form you want, this can affect in big time your hair style and the final look of it.
Although there are ways to trim your own hair, it is recommended for you to go to a friend or a professional as it can be very difficult to maintain the symmetry while cutting the hair on the back of your own head.
This process can vary from just trimming down the uneven or damaged ends of the hair to cutting a big amount of hair in a big style change or even shaving of your whole head.
Remember that trimming is not magical and it will not eliminate the damage of the hair throughout the lengths of the hair or promote a faster hair growth.
What it does though is that it enhances the hair appearance by removing the damaged or split ends.
Combing and brushing
This step is used to untangle and organize the hair, allowing all of the hair strands to go in the same direction.
This step can also remove things such like lint, dandruff or even hairs that had already shed from the scalp but kept on clinging to other hairs.
There are so many things you can use to detangle your short hair; like combs, that come in plenty different sizes and shapes and also different materials like plastic or wood, and brushes.
When using a brush at the moment of styling your short hair it is mostly to detangle it when needed and to help the hair strands go the direction you want them to go to have the best results you can have at the moment of styling your hair.
Brushing your hair while dirty can actually be a good thing for the health of your hair, as by doing that you are spreading the natural oils that your own scalp produces to the rest of your hair which will maintain it healthy, create a protective veil and make it look shiny and beautiful.
An important thing to keep in mind while detangling your hair is for you to start from the tips of your hair towards the roots, in order to avoid breakage and maintain your hair healthy.
Hair drying does not only mean drying the hair with a towel, it can also mean to fasten the process up with a hair dryer which usually blows heated air over the wet hair to make the water evaporate faster.
You must be careful though, if you exaggerate the amount of times in which you use this method to dry your hair it can end up damaging it, splitting your ends or other damages that heat causes.
To minimize the damage you can try using a diffuser to widen the area in which the air flow goes through so it is not so strong on the hair strands.
It is recommended by so many people that you lay back on the heating part and dry your hair with ‘cold’ or ambient temperature air to avoid further damage of the hair.
Although if you are looking to style your hair you have to use the heat in order for the hair to maintain the shape you want it to.
If you decide to dry your hair with a towel make sure to use a microfiber towel, which is less damaging towards the hair and will not over dry the hair.
Also take into consideration that you should drying your hair by softly moving the towel downwards on the hair or scrunching it up, but not by scrubbing it.
Curling and straightening
To get the look you want you will need a curling rod or a flat iron.
Be careful, rods and irons use heat to change the hair into a variety or waves and curls, or even changing the natural curls and textures of the hair to straighten it temporarily.
Keep in mind that using these tools to curl or straighten your short hair can cause damage thanks to the direct and extreme heat temperatures they use to change the hair, and also the chemicals applied after to maintain the shape made by the rod or the iron.
We highly recommend for you to avoid using these types of heating tools in order to avoid hair damage, or to use them only when extremely necessary.
But, if you find yourself in a situation where you can’t avoid using these types of hair styling tools then you can use proper protecting products, like conditioners and creams that can protect your short hair from the heat.
Remember not to abuse of these hair styling methods in order to not extremely damage your hair, taking the proper care and preventions when deciding to go for this look.
This is also a great idea for you to see how you would look with, for example, straight hair if you have it curly.
Either because you are looking for a change of look or just to kill the curiosity of how you would look.
Braiding and updos
Now we have reached the fun part!
Now it is time for you to place the hair the way you really want it to be and making it any way you want it.
Braids are an easy and fun way to tie your hair back with style and beautiful designs, you can tie the totality of your hair or you can decide to just do half of your hair up and the other half down type of hairstyle, here is where you really have no limits!
Although, yes, hairstyles for short hair can be a little bit more difficult to achieve than hairstyles for short hair as you have less hair to work with, but do not see this as a bad side and take it as a challenge to test your hair styling abilities.
Be aware, if your hair is pinned too tightly, it can cause damage to the hair follicle and can result in headaches.
Do not leave braids on your hair for longer than necessary to prevent hair loss or breakage.
Some cute and simple haircuts to try on your short hair if you are new to the hair styling world.
Voluminous Loose Curls
If you already have short hair and are hoping to let your hair grow to a bob or a lob (in other words; a long bob), with a cut that hit just below the ears.
This hairstyle adds a volume and a nice look for a square like face, adding weight to the top of the head, softening your jaw, allowing your face to have a softer and more delicate look.
You will look astonishing with this hairstyle if you decide to take the chance.
You do not really have to opt for this hairstyle if you want your hair to grow into a bob, you can decide to cut it out to further compliment your features and the way you look.
Just like Viola Davis in this picture, this haircut with big loose curls or waves can add volume to the hairstyle and give you a much natural look and still make you look amazingly without even trying.
Curls that defy gravity itself
A look that will make you look beautiful no matter what your hair color or type is you can have this look!
It will make you stand out from the rest thanks to the big complementary and contrasting combination of big retro curls on top of the head with a modern buzz of short hair around the sides and back of the head.
To achieve this look you will need a strong hold hairspray to keep the curls as lifted as possible.
You can of course recreate this look if you have short hair but do not really want to shave of the sides of your hair, all you will need to do is to find some hair clips or hair clips to pin your hair back and pin it where the shortest part of the hair would end, moving your hair upwards.
By recreating this look you would end up with more of a Mohawk look but it will certainly give you the results you have been wanting without the commitment of shaving off the sides of your hair.
This look can work with any hair type and texture, even if your hair is straight but you would only have to go through the extra step of curling your hair to have the curls you have been looking for.
If you already have curly hair, then all you have to do is pin the hair up and hairspray de hair that lays on the top of the head to maintain the curls as lifted as possible for a long time.
Endless opportunities with a bob
Looking for a simple haircut than you can do to your hair without so much risk?
The bob hairstyle is the perfect option for you!
You can totally rock this look no matter what type of hair you have and you will have styled and beautiful hair since you wake up in the morning till the end of the night!
If you opt for a bob you have close to endless possibilities, this haircut does not mean a specific length of hair should be cut or left on your head.
There are actually bobs that are just below the height if the ears or maybe a longer bob which we will talk about further ahead.
When going for the bob haircut as your hairstyle for short hair you literally have no barrier when talking about what hair type or texture fits it best, all you need is to rock your natural hair just as it is and we kid you not, you will look amazing!
Whether you have curly, coyly, straight or wavy hair this look can make you seem the best version of yourself.
Be aware that cutting curly and coyly hair at the desired length can be a tricky feature, the best option for you is to opt for a dry haircut, or the better option.
Find a hair stylist who is expert in curls in order for you to have the best possible results.
This is a hairstyle recommended in the area of short hairstyles for round faces, and at the same time in the area of short hairstyles for fine hair.
A modern undercut can leave you with more than what you were wishing for.
If you do not know what an undercut is we are here to answer your questions.
An undercut is a type of haircut that is based on shaving, or buzzing at a very short length the lowest parts of your hair, usually on the back and sides of the head.
With long hair you do not really have to worry for it to be seen, but with short hair the thing changes.
And there is a modern side to it.
This modern site consists on cutting you’re the sides and back of your hair a really short length and letting the hair at the top of your head at a reasonable length so you can have endless styling options, like flipping it to one side to creating curly looks that defy gravity, of to brush it back and have a modern and elegant look.
We know that you may be worrying if you are not going to look like a guy with this type of haircut, and even if the hair is commonly known to be on guys (although with shorter hair at the top of the head) this does not mean that you cannot look feminine with this look.
This look does not only allow you to look good but, if you want, it can give you an edgy look if paired with the right style and accessories.
A pixie cut can be the perfect change of look for you if what you are looking for is a really short hairstyle without going too far:
For those of you out there who do not know what a pixie cut is we are here to tell you.
A pixie cut it is a type of short hairstyle that is generally short on the back of the hair as well as on the sides and slightly longer on the top.
It is a variant of the crop, the main difference is that a pixie cut can have longer hair strands at the back and sides of the head.
Just like with any other type of short hairstyle it can vary from length and shape, there are not strict rules when it comes to what hairstyle or haircut you apply to your hair.
It is your head after all and you are the one that decides what ends up going with your hair.
Pixie cuts are a great idea for you if you are looking for a big change of look but you do not want to cut your hair off to a length that it close to nothing on your head.
With this haircut you can actually still do some hairstyles on your hair if you ever feel like dressing up your hair a little more, especially if you decide to go with the long pixie cut style.
They were first introduced in the 1950s and all they have done is come more and more known and love to the world.
A tapered bowl cut may sound weird, but I could actually leave you with amazing results.
We know, we know, ‘bowl cut’ are not exactly the best couple of words you can hear someone even mentioning at the moment of thinking about a change of look.
But hear us out before you go running for the hills and hide from the world.
Some of the biggest names in entertainment have taken the decision of rocking this hairstyle and showing us not only how amazing it can look but also how incredibly chic and edgy it can make you look.
This is such a cute and boyish cut that includes long, shaggy layers on the top of the head with a dramatic buzzed bottom that starts just above the ear all the way down to the neck.
The best way to wear this haircut, or at least the one we recommend is when the hair is straightened and worn slightly tousled as to add a bit of volume and movement.
It will make it look amazingly and on trend.
So yes, it might be a risk but we believe that it is a risk worth taking as you will not only look gorgeous with this hair but you will also have such an original hair style that we assure you it will be extremely hard for you.
If you are looking for a short hair style but you do not really want to cut so much of your hair you can opt for a lob:
A lob or a long bob is as its name states, so technically, a bob that it is slightly longer than the normal one.
The lob usually reaches shoulder length although it can vary in length it can actually reach just below the shoulders or be just slightly longer than a normal bob.
This can be the perfect haircut for you if what you are looking to grow your hair out, or even if you want have been wanting to try short hair but not the extreme cut most people may think about when cutting your hair short.
As we have said before, a lob can be just the perfect thing for you as it is not so strict with its length the length has quite a variety going from the length of a bob to just shorter than long hair.
So you have a length range for you to choose from.
Besides, with a lob you have more hair for you to play with when looking to make a hairstyle on it.
So you can decide to braid it, or with an up-do, or even just changing the hair by straightening or curling it.
Short haircut with a side part
There is a wide range of short haircuts for fine hair and if you do have thin hair you should definitely try it if you want a big change and to make your hair look with more volume.
We recommend for you to mix it up with some dimensional highlights to make your hair look even more dense and voluminous!
This haircut can be defined like a mixture between a pixie cut and a buzzed on the sides hair styles, but this one is leaned more towards a side sweep.
To achieve this haircut all you have to do is buzz the sides of your head and let the hair on the top of your head a longer length so you can sweep it towards one of the sides of your head.
So you end up with this beautiful look.
All these short hairstyles for women over 50 and hairstyles for women over 60 are sure to delight you.
Obviously they are used by all types of women, of any age and they will look beautiful.
Do not be afraid to go and choose this hairstyle.
We know it can be a very big change and that it can be scary to go through it but we believe that you should really take the risk, and who knows?
You may end up looking even better you thought you would.
If you still have plenty of doubts and do not really know what to do with your hair it is always the best to go to your hairstylist and ask them what they think would fit you best.
In the end they are the ones that have the knowledge and study needed to help you look the best you can.
A reverse bob
Okay, okay, we have talked a lot about bobs today, short bobs, long bobs but know we are going to talk about a type of bob that can give you that edgy look you have been looking for but without ending up with such a short hair.
The reverse bob haircut is based on a bob but with the change of leaving the hair at the back of the head shorter than the hair at the sides and front of the head.
This is a short bob hairstyle.
Most of the times stylist cut this type of hairstyle with layers and mix it up mostly with highlights to add depth and movement to the short hair.
This hairstyle is perfect for you if you have thin hair as the shorter layers in the back will provide you with fullness around the crown and a beautiful side view, and in the front you can try with chin length or collarbone length which are the ones that are more universal, as they can flatter any face shape beautifully.
Short hairstyles for women
We all know that going for a short hair look being a woman can be a tricky choice as the thought that we need to have long flowy hair to be pretty and feminine, but that is not true.
You can actually be very feminine and gorgeous with short hair and this is not counting all the benefits and easier life you can have by cutting your hair short as the care for it can be easier than longer hair.
If you have long hair and are not sure whether any hair style for short hair will fit you the best way for you to know is to ask you hairstylist which type would make you look the best.
And if you already have short hair and are looking for some hairstyles and up dos to apply to your hair for a special occasion or even just to mix things up a bit.
Keep reading to find some pretty and cute hairstyles for your short hair.
Curl out your hair
We know, curling your hair is the oldest trick in the bag when it comes to making your hair look more voluminous.
But that is exactly why we are mentioning it!
There are people out there who do not know this trick, or even some that forgot about it just by the simple fact that this is so simple, it sometimes goes over one’s mind.
So, for this look all you have to do is grab you curling iron, curling rod, hair rollers or even just by braiding your hair!
Curls add so much volume so easily that is hard to believe, but sometimes it sounds good because it is true.
If you want to add even more volume to your hair then all you need to do is brush your hair to one side, or start the curls closer to the root, adding more volume and movement.
This is a perfect short hairstyles for older women too.
Add twists to your short messy hairstyle:
Okay, you already have your bob and everything is amazing, but…
Sometimes the bangs that you have on your head fall on your face without mercy, and you are left with head falling on your face during the least appropriate moments.
But do not let this take you down!
A cute way to take the bangs off your face is by simply pinning them back.
But that is not the look we are talking about, you can add the little detail of twirling your hair to make it look more chic, and if you rock it with slightly wavy hair you can make two parallel twists that will blend beautifully into it.
Here are the steps you need to follow to achieve this look:
- Grab the strands of hair you want to pin down, if you have short bangs you can just use them or you can also take a little more of other strands to make the twirl go further back.
- Start twirling the hair strands you chose, it is important that you twirl them away from your face and not the other way around as you are trying to move them away from your head, no towards it.
- (Optional) If you do not like the twirls on your bangs you can try twist braiding them to get pretty much the same effect but a little bit more notorious and voluminous.
- Now it is time to pin down the twirled strands! You are almost done now all you have to do is pin down the twirled strands, you can opt to hide the hair clips you use or you can actually show them to the world if you have some that have decorations and such. Or even add accessories.
Braiding the bangs
If you do not really like the twirling idea, or have tried it but realized that you do not really like it, we have another technique.
This one consists on you braiding your bangs to move and keep them out of your face and this can also help you to make your hair have a little more volume.
To achieve this hairstyle, the first thing you have to do is separate then bangs from the rest of your hair.
Once you have done that you need to start braiding.
Maybe it can be easier if you tie the rest of your hair momentarily so you do not mix it with the bangs accidentally.
Before braiding you have braided your bangs, be sure you are braiding them in the direction you want them to go or you can end up with a mess.
All you have to do is pin them back, two hair clips will do the trick for you.
If you have thin or fine hair and want to add even more volume, try teasing your bangs slightly so you can have the most voluminous braids you can.
How to do it, step by step:
- Divide the bangs, or the strands of hair you want to braid, away from the rest of your short hair so you do not end up mixing them both together and end up with a braid on your whole head.
- Braid the bangs towards the direction you want it to go, this detail very important if you want the hairstyle to look like in the pictures, if you braid it to a different side than the one you want it to go it can end up being too messy or maybe even end up with a result completely different from the one you are hoping for. You can do more than just one braid if that is what you really want, there are really not rules at the moment of doing a hairstyle on your hair.
- Now it is time for you to make use of the hair clips, all you have to do is pin the end of the braid with them. You can use two and place them in a cross like pattern to make sure that braid is going nowhere.
If you do not really like the look of the hair clips you do not have to worry.
You can cover them with the rest of your short hair or use any other hair accessories to tie your braid up and that way you can add a little bit of color or even shine to your hair.
This is one of the beautiful short hairstyles for thick hair, which will bring out the best of your hair to shine and you will look radiant.
Try tying your hair up in a half bun
There is nothing easier and quicker to do on your hair than tying up half of your hair in a bun and if it is a messy one it makes it better, you will not only not have to worry for it to be perfect but you can also make it a little more voluminous and make it seem as if you had more hair.
Or it will simply add a more movement and dimension to the hair.
There are plenty bun styles you can try with your short hair; you can stick to the one that you not only think it is better looking but you can also use the one with which you feel more comfortable doing.
Do not let it go away from your mind, you are the one that decides what ends up going on your hair.
Here is how to do it:
- The first thing you need to do is to decide that way you want to tie your hair up, you can tie back only part of hair on top of your head, or all the hair from the top of your hair dividing it just above the ears and tying it back. Another thing you need to ponder before starting is whether you want a high or a low bun.
- Once you have decided, you can start with the hairstyle! The first step to the actual hairstyle is to divide the hair you are going to tie up from the hair that it is going to stay down.
- Now it is time to make them bun! There are plenty of choices for you to do the bun, you can do a messy bun, or a flower bun, or even a ballerina one, the important thing here is that you to do what makes you feel pretty and comfortable with the way you look.
- If you end up having some stray hairs out of the look you can use them to your advantage by framing your face! Or is you do not really like them then you can pin them back with hair clips or any hair accessory you find fitting.
Jazz your half up do by adding little braids towards the back of your head.
If you have tried the half bun up do, or if you actually have not but you think you need something more, then the solution is right here.
You can totally spice up your half up look by just adding a few little things, like a braid going from your bags to the bun adding a little detail that nor everybody do.}
If a simple braid is not working for you, you can try by tying two buns instead of one, you will look amazingly with almost zero work and it is a hairstyle that can last the whole day!
By parting the middle of your hair and do two little braids towards the bun in your head you can make it look even cuter and prettier for an everyday look or even to a special occasion.
Here is how to make the braided half up:
- Divide the hair you are going to braid from the rest of the hair, you can tie momentarily the hair that is going to be left hanging down so you do not mix them together.
- Once you have divided your hair the way you want it now it is time for you to start braiding! You can simply do this by starting the braid with the hair closest to your forehead and keep adding hair strands as you go further back in your head. If you decide to do two braids all you have to do is divide the soon to be braided hair in two and do two braids instead of one.
- Now all you have to do is tie your hair back into a bun to finish this look, a messy bun is what we believe would fit best to contrast with the braids. But you do not have to do it if you do not like it, you can do any bun you like.
- To finish up, do not be afraid if you end up having loose strands of hair, you can use them to frame your face and make you hair look with more dimension, but if you really do not like them then you can pin them back with hair clips.
Try with a crown made out of braids!
Braids, braids we have mentioned so braids plenty times before but guess what, braids are such an easy and versatile that we just can’t wait to let you know all the ways you can use them on your hair!
A good option for you is to make a braided crown on your head with only braids, yes you read correctly.
It is a quite simple hairstyle to make on your hair, it can take up to 15 minutes or more depending on what style you want to wear and what type of braid you want to use and your abilities with hair
How to do the first look, half up crown braid:
- The first step here is to decide what strands of hair you want to tie back, you can choose to braid your bangs or you can leave them loose and tie strands of hair from just behind your bangs so you can still have your bangs framing your face. You have to take a strand of hair from each side of your head to be able to pull off this look.
- Now that you have separated the strands of hair you want to braid, it is time to start braiding them. You can use any type of braiding technique you are familiar with or the one you think will fit best for the look.
- You will have two braids going to the back part of your head, now all you have to do is tying them together. You can decide whether you want to tie them in a simple ponytail, a bun, or even if you want to mix both braids together to end with just one braid at the tip of the strands.
For the second look, a full updo braided crown:
- For this look you have to divide your whole hair in two halves, start by finding the middle of your face and that should be the line you should follow throughout your whole scalp.
- Now should make a braid that goes from the hair closer to you face moving towards the back of your head, grabbing strands of hair to incorporate into the
- All that is left here is for you to take both braids and cross them together at the back of your hair, using hair clips to safely pin them where you want them to be and voila! You have the perfect crown made of braids amazing for any occasion. You can even add some accessories to make more of your style!
Side braid with a curly bun
There is nothing better to create a girly updo for short hair than a braid and a bun, it is the perfect match.
A French braid that goes around your head and feeds into a curly and messy bun is ideal for short hair, especially if you are looking to have more volume than the one you already have.
This hairstyle is a very simple way to tie up your short hair if you want to do it in a cute a pretty way, if you want even more volume a bouffant or a teased crown can move your hairstyle to the next level.
The better of all things is that this hairstyle can be styled for a formal occasion!
This can happen by simply adding a few shiny accessories to your hair to make it look more formal.
Here are the steps you need to follow to achieve this look:
- Braid a headband, you should start from your side part and the start the braid from there going towards the back of your head where you will place the bun.
- Brush your hair back towards where the bun will be placed (for example, if you are going to place the bun at the nape of the neck you should brush the hair towards the nape).
- Now, if you want more volume you can tease the roots of your hair down where the hair is going to lay to create more volume.
- Pin down the hair in the bun you want to achieve, if you are going for a normal everyday look then a normal messy bun will do the trick. But, if you are going to use this hairstyle for a more formal look then you should pin down strands individually, so you can place the bun the exact way you want it. And you can also leave some strands hanging so it has a messier and prettier look.
Have you ever found yourself rocking an edgy look and wanting to match your hair with it?
Or just have been feeling like a rebellious teenager and wanting to buzz off the sides of your head, but have been too afraid to actually do it?
We have the perfect solution for you!
We have found at least two ways for you to wear and rock this look without having to permanently commit to it, you fake a Mohawk just by simply braiding your hair.
You have two ways of doing this faux Mohawk, by braiding your whole hair into a voluminous braid, or by braiding the sides of your hair to have the same effect.
This short hairstyles for black women are perfect, because these short black hairstyles are super comfortable and adapt to any occasion without any problem.
First let us explain to you how to make the one big braid on top of your head:
- Do a normal braid from the very beginning of your hair line, be sure to make it as tight as possible to be sure that the hairs at the side of your head stay right in the place you want them to be.
- While you are making the braid make sure you are teasing the hairs of the braid to make it more voluminous and Mohawk-like, so it does not look like a normal braid.
- If you have hair that is a little longer, or more, than when your Mohawk should end you can role it towards your head and hide it within your braid, securing it down with hair clips so it does not role down, or just leave it hanging, either way you are going to look fabulous.
For the second look, braiding the sides of the head:
- You need to separate the hair that you are going to maintain loose at the top of the hair from the one at the sides, the one you are going to braid for this hairstyle.
- Tie the hair you are not going to braid as for it to not get in the way when you are braiding.
- Braid the hair at the sides of your head, here you have the liberty to choose if you want to do one or more braids and which direction you want them to go.
- Now, all you have left to do is let the hair at the top of your hair loose and style it the way you want it, you can leave it natural, gel it to the back so your hard work on your braids does not go unnoticed, or you can curl it and add hairspray to leave it on just one place, either way you are going to look amazing.
This short curly hairstyles will make you look beautiful.
Half faux Mohawk or braid on the side of the head
We have talked about the faux Mohawk if you are looking for an edgy hairstyle for short hair, but if you want to do something a little bit more natural or less work taking then a half faux Mohawk is the perfect hairstyle for you!
With this look you can have your hair on just one of the sides of your head for either a natural and casual hairstyle for your short hair or for a fancier event or situation you can think of.
Either way this hairstyle can fit with any hair type and texture.
Here is how to get this beautiful half faux Mohawk:
- Pretty much like the faux Mohawk you need to separate the rest of your hair from the part that you are going to braid, try tying the rest of the hair so it does not get in the middle of your braiding work.
- Braid the side of your head with the type of braid you feel more comfortable with or the one that you feel would look best with this look. Just like with the last hairstyle you can decide whether you want one, two or more braids.
- Let the rest of your hair loos and brush it to make sure everything is in order, now mess it up a little so you can have that edgy look.
Add braids to your buzzed at the sides hairstyle to add a nice and cute detail.
If you have you the buzzed at the sides haircut you can totally know that making any hairstyle to it besides changing the texture of the hair can be tricky at times, but we have found a very simple and beautiful solution for you when you want to dress your hair up a little.
You can have fun with your short hair by just simply adding braids to your hair, it does not matter if you have really short hair, you can always pull some braids if you have enough practice of if you decide to ask for help to someone you know knows how to do it.
All these cute short hairstyles are so easy to make and they will make you look beautiful in your day to day, choose the one you like the most!
And we are not only talking about braiding all the hair you have on top of your head, but you can also just do a little braid at the line where your longer and your buzzed hair meet to make just the tiniest and cutest hint you can have.
Generally these cute hairstyles for short hair are part of the classification of short natural hairstyles, since they will make you look fresh every day.
Hairstyles for men
For men, getting your hair in order can be a way to show the world how much you care about your appearance, either way, it is just picking one style out of many and then going to the barber to get the chop, right?
While this is true, it also depends on nailing all the important first steps if you are going to be left with the hair on your head and above your shoulder stand above the rest.
Because of this, and plenty of other reasons, the time to explore all the available options is worth it.
For as much as we are in love with the most recent move towards longer and shaggier styles, you can be sure that a sharper short haircut is a perfect time saving tool when you are getting ready in the morning.
Cuts on the longer side will take more time to maintain and to style while short haircuts require little or even any work at all, although they do not always have the flexibility to suit different looks and styles for different occasions, so the best for you is to ensure that you are happy with a one look do for all.
You can try a buzz cut, which is as short as you can go before becoming Bruce Willis twin. But contrary to popular believe it is not the simple military standard look it once was.
Yes, it is still an all over short hair but nowadays it comes with many different variations, ranging from the shortest cut of all to the tapered down brush cut.
Cutting male hair can be done at home, but as anything else, we recommend that you avoid doing it and go to a hair stylist, so you can have the best results you can even think about.
Hairstylist do not only cut your hair, but they can totally help you decide what style can work better for you and your short hair.
Getting a haircut is not as simple as asking the barber to cut it short on the sides and the back, if you do that it will become an everyday look and not something that will make you stand out.
As stated before we believe that you should talk to your stylist before taking any rash choices.
We are here to show you the different types of hairstyles and looks you can achieve by simply doing a little research.
This hair is achieved by cutting down your hair as short as you can without going completely bald, usually cut in a uniform length.
A great side of this hairstyle is that as the hairs are super short you can be sure that no hair is going to go on your forehead and annoy you during the day, or even better you will not have to worry about occupying an hour in the morning making the hair look good.
And not only that, this haircut works for every occasion, from an everyday event to an elegant or red carpet one.
For as much as a buzz cut is an amazing and simple option for a guy’s short hair it is not a haircut that can fit perfectly anyone, you need to take into consideration that bumps, lumps, scars and the shape of the head are things are things that are going to be noticed and the take an important part of the deciding factor.
To get the end result of this look you will need quality clippers, a set of guards (from numbers #1 to #4) and a soft brush to maintain the clippers clean.
Here is how to do it:
- Make sure your hair is both clean and completely dry, as wet hair will stick together and can cause your clippers to clog, making the process difficult.
- If your hair is still kind of long, then it will be better if you cut it down first. The way to measure it the hair is too long for the clipper is to check if you can still grab it with your hand, if you can then get to cutting
The good side about this is that you will not have to worry if the hair you are cutting is being cut evenly as you are going to buzz it down later.
- Now it is time for you to start shaving! We recommend for you to start at the top of your head and keep moving towards the back and the sides using motions from the front to the back. Remember to go through the same section a couple of times until you are sure you are left with a uniform looking hair.
- If needed you can change the number of the clippers, to shorten the hair in different sections (i.e the sides of your head) and make a style more your own.
With that last thing we mentioned we can continue to talk to you about the different types of buzz cuts that are out there.
The first one is the one that is the same length all over the head, it can vary in length from the #1 to #4 guards, the difference may sound like it is nothing but there is actually some difference in look and style.
A version of the buzz cut is the crew cut, which consists on clipping the sides and the back of the hair evenly, and the top of the hair can also be clipped with a longer clipper or with scissors, making it shorter at the back of the top of the head so the hair in the front can be the tiniest bit longer than the rest of the hair.
This haircut can allow you to have a fringe effect, with which you can play with if you do not really want your forehead on full display. Up next the steps on how to do it:
- Buzz or cut the top of your head in a longer length than what you want the rest of your hair to be. Make sure you are leaving the hair at the front of your head longer and making it gradually shorter towards the back of the top of your head.
- Decide where you want to make the difference in length and get to work by buzzing the sides and back of your head shorter.
- Make sure you are at first using a clipper a number higher than what you are really achieving so you can avoid any mistakes with the measurements o have at least a life line in case something goes wrong.
A fade cut is a men hairstyle that is achieved with very short hair at the bottom of the head that becomes gradually longer towards the top.
With this hairstyle you can have an original and more sophisticated look.
The best part about this haircut is that it can be applied and merged with any other hairstyle to make it look even better.
What we love the most about this hairstyle, besides that it works with most other hairstyles, is that it works with any shape that your head has, it does not matter if it is squared or round, you will look amazing with this haircut.
Another thing that does not stop this hairstyle is the hair type, it can work with any hair that you can think about, curly, straight, wavy and even curly, you just need to find the right stylist to help you achieve this amazing hairstyle.
This hairstyle for men is technically as close to a sculpture as they can get, it is based on clipping the hair at the top of the head in such a way that it looks like a flat surface, especially when adding a gel, pomade or hairspray.
The hair at the top of the head can vary in length depending on what the client wants and what would fit them best.
The most commonly used lengths can vary from half to a full inch.
Follow this steps to reach this hairstyle:
- Choose the length in which you want the top of your head to be. The best trick to cut the hair into a flat surface is to grab a hair comb, brush the hair upwards and move the clippers over the comb to create a straight, flat line.
- Once you have created the flat line, it is time for you to buzz out the sides of the head. It is important that you go moving from a higher number of blades (i.e #4) towards the lower numbers (i.e #1 or even #0) so you can create the fading effect.
- Create carefully the fading effect by moving from one blade towards the other each time going lower, this step has to be done with extreme care.
This one has some similarities with the flat top hairstyle, with the main difference in the way the hair on the top of the head, which can be styled mostly towards the back of the head.
This hairstyle can provide gentlemen simple, and good defined dimensions; if you are too worried about it being too fancy, you can relax now, as it is also known as a street style haircut.
This haircut will emphasize the shape of your head, it does not matter if you have a round, square or oval face, this haircut will make you appear like a king on the streets.
With any type of pompadour haircuts you end up choosing, make sure you are not only sure about what your choice is, but that the hair stylist you are going to go to get this look is the right one and that they know how to make the haircut the right way, and that they know how to work and take care of your hair type so you do not end up with a mess of a hairstyle.
Here is how to make it step by step:
- Cut the hair at the top of the head at the desired length you had chosen.
- Buzz the sides of the head in a faded cut, this is achieved by buzzing the hair each time shorter towards the lower parts of the head. Be careful and make sure the fading is smooth and carefully done as mistakes can be very noticeable in these parts.
- Style you’re your hair! If you want more volume, we recommend for you to dry your hair with a hairdryer thorough so you can have the best style on your hair.
- If you want to add a little more of stability and make sure that the style lasts during the whole day you can add a little bit of hairspray or wax and run it through your hair.
Styling your haircut can be easier than you may think.
We all know that having a hairstyle can look amazing when leaving the barber, but once you get home and take a shower you may find yourself not knowing what to do.
Relax, here we have some simple and easy tricks for you to style your own hair at home and be able to look just as if you had come out of the barber.
One of the easier ways to style your own hair is with hair wax, as simple as you think it is, maybe even easier.
All you have to do is apply a little amount of wax on your hand, preferably your fingertips, and then comb your hair in the direction you want it to go.
There are a few secrets to make it look better, like twisting the tips of your hair in between your fingertips or maybe tousling your hair to have a messy look.
You can even create curl that look natural, giving strands or your hair a twirling motion to achieve them.
In addition, you can use hair gel as well, although this method is more to flat or spiky looks, and it gives a shiny look you can use it when going to an especial occasion and want a different look.
You can even try braiding your hair if you are willing to step outside of your comfort zone.
If you are willing to think outside of the box and are willing to do that, braids can just be great for you if you are looking to do something different and special.
You don’t even have to do them yourself, you can ask a friend to make them for you!
If you have a buzzed cut at the sides of your head, you can add a little braid going on the sides of the longer hair on the top of your head to add a little special something on the hair look!
When thinking about it, you may thing you are going to look feminine or girly while having these but pay no attention to them, if you start listening to what everybody says then you are not going to do anything with your life.
it, you can totally do a braid with the parts of your hair that are long enough to do it.
You can do one, two or even more braids on your hair!
All you have to do is learn how to make them or ask a friend to do them for you, and if you like the way you look you can even ask them to teach you how.
As we already know, there are thousands of hairstyles that you can do if you have short hair.
We hope that this article has been of your help, and you can realize that you do not need too much to see yourself beautiful.
Just as you do not need to be an expert to wear radiant hair, careful, full of life and catch looks.
Many girls have a bit of fear when it comes to making a drastic change of look, but after reading this article you will be encouraged to go to the beauty salon and even invite a friend so they can enjoy each and every one of them. of these fabulous ideas of hairstyles for short hair.
Thanks for reading!
Don’t forget to keep reading our posts and if you liked it, make sure to share with your friends and family to let them know how to have the best results when they have a change of look.
¡Por cierto! Antes de que te vayas, queremos recomendarte esto que seguro que te interesa:
- Natural hairstyles
- Men’s Hairstyles
- Punk Hairstyles
- Pixie Hairstyles
- 90s Hairstyles
- Weave hairstyles
- New hairstyles
- Hairstyles for balding men
Son una serie de contenidos a parte del que has leído que puede ser interesante para tí ¡Muchas gracias por leernos!
- Perfect short hair
- Braiding and updos
- Voluminous Loose Curls
- Curls that defy gravity itself
- Endless opportunities with a bob
- Modern undercut
- Short hairstyle
- Short haircut with a side part
- Short hairstyles for women
- Curl out your hair
- Braiding the bangs
- How to do it, step by step:
- Hairstyles for men
- Buzz cut
- Crew cut
- Fade Cut
- Flat top
- Pompadour Haircut