Having long hair is no secret for anyone a very versatile and good option for anyone, either you are a girl or a guy this length of hair can work for your favor however you need it.
Not only is a very versatile hair style but it can also allow for you to try out just so many more hairstyles and technically, to play with your hair.
Long hair is also a great option that works perfectly with any face shape and will make you look stunning wherever you go.
Having long hair is an amazing thing for anyone if that’s what they like, it is not only a great option for you that will allow you to have freedom of choice when it comes to having any hairstyle you want as you can fake having short hair when picking it up.
Or even just doing the simplest hairstyles will make you look like a model as it will look like those beautiful haired people at commercials and adds.
In this article we will show you several easy hairstyles for long hair.
Take care of your hair
Taking care of your long hair can make it look even better.
If you have long hair you know that taking care of it can become a little bit tricky, but be honest to us, isn’t it worth it to watch your hair being shiny, manageable and healthy after all the work you have done to make and maintain your hair as healthy and beautiful as it can.
Taking care of your hair is, as we stated before, no a thing that it happens from one day to the other, this actually can become a full day job with all the care you need to apply for it, but we promise you that it is completely worth it to watch your hair being shiny, healthy and manageable when going out.
Everyone is going to ask what you do to it to have it so beautiful.
Keep in mind that taking care of your hair is not just placing some hair products on your hair that and having it look wonderful in ten minutes, quite contrary actually, taking care of your hair is a full time job.
Trimming: We know what you may wondering, will not trimming my hair make it shorter? Well, yes it will, but if you don’t trim open and damaged tips your hair while it will grow faster it will grow unhealthy and frizzy.
If you don’t care about that then you will not have any problem.
Avoid sulfate: Most shampoos have a chemical named sulfate, this chemical work in shampoo is mostly to make it create the foam so many people love about shampooing their hair.
But the truth is that it can also dry up your hair and make it look frizzy, especially if you have dry hair.
Reducing the amount of times you shampoo: Washing your hair is thought to be an everyday necessity, but that it is just a myth, you just need to lower the amounts of times you wash your hair during the week, if you do it every other day you can see a difference with your hair in short time.
Avoiding heat damage: Heat damage is a very big causer of split and burned ends, this happens thanks to extreme use of hair tools like flatting iron and hair dryers.
Lowering the use on this hair tools can make a huge difference in the way your hair looks at the end of the day. If you are in a position where you really need to use them then take care of your long hair with heat protector for the hair.
Oils can be your friends: Oils are a great option for your hair, they not only have nutrients, but they can also deeply hydrate your hair.
You can apply them to your hair for 15 to 30 minutes on the scalp of your head before washing your hair in order to allow your hair to absorb the nutrients.
Brushing: brushing your hair while being ‘dirty’ (meaning that it has built up its natural oils) is something amazing for your hair, while passing the comb through your long hair you will be spreading these natural oils with a crazy amount of good nutrients for your hair.
Another way of taking care of your hair while brushing it is to brush your hair from the tipsy tips of your hair and slowly moving upwards towards the roots.
This is so you don’t go breaking your hair by forcing it to untangle all the knots at once, which is what happens when you brush it from the roots towards the tips.
By brushing it upwards you are slowly untangling your hair and letting it have as much of a break it needed, remember that good hair care starts with preventing the damage.
Hairstyle last longer
We’ll share some secrets to make your hairstyle last longer.
We’ve all have been in a situation where we have been too worried about how our hair is looking or worried if the hairstyle’s is lasting as much as it should.
Making your hairstyle last longer can be one of the most useful things to spend some time while making the hairstyle.
Either because you are going to be out the whole day working or hanging out with friends, or if you are going out at night to dance in a party or a club then let’s be honest, being worried about how our hair is looking and going constantly to the closer mirror in order to check out how it is doing it is not the funniest part.
The care of the hair is a big influencer in how the hairstyle is going to look, so if you don’t really take care of your long hair or do it wrongly we recommend for you to start doing it not only to make the hairstyles last longer but to also make it looks better.
It can be a hard task but it we promise you the results are going to be worth it.
Of course there are another factors for you to take into consideration at the moment of doing a hairstyle that will affect the effectiveness of it.
The first one of these factors it is securing everything in place and making sure that it is going to stay there for as long as you want it to.
The most known and one of the most effective ones when pinning loose strands of hair are bobby or hair pins and placing them in a cross like shape is the best way to ensure you’ll have a durable hairstyle.
Hairspray can also be your friend.
This hair product will make sure there is no hair out of place when applying it to your long hair.
You can use it on any type of hairstyles, either on a tight and perfect hairstyle or a messy one.
Another of our secrets is using hair gel, this one is perfect for pulled bac and tight looks, use it as well on braids and tight buns so you are confident in that there will not be any stray hair on your long hair hairstyle.
And last but not least, one of the biggest secrets when looking to make a hairstyle last is to do a messy hairstyle, maybe you are wondering why this a secret is.
But as they are mean to be messy, if there is a hair out of place it will not be noticed, or it will simply add to the look!
Ponytails, while simple, can be an amazing option for you when looking for a hairstyle.
Ponytails area great option for you if you need a quick solution to take the hair away from your face in less than a minute, this can be needed either working out, doing house shores, or anything else where you need the hair not to mess with you and annoy you by being on your face the whole time.
Of course this hairstyle can be taken to a more refined look, by using some tricks and tips to make it look better, like making the top an center part of your hair stand out by teasing the roots of that zone, or by takin on strand of hair and twisting it around the hair band to make it look as if your hair was held up by your own hair.
The better part about this hairstyle is that it is a very versatile, as we said before it can be used for the most casual environment up to a gala or even a red-carpet event!
By versatile we also mean that there are hundreds of ways for you to make them perfect for you, you can have the at the top, middle or lower part of your head, as well as having them on the center or one of the sides, however you feel more comfortable and better.
Not only that but it is also a hairstyle for long hair that is perfect for any type of hair, either you have it straight, coyly, wavy or curly you will look amazing with a ponytail hairstyle.
How to do this look in a few simple steps:
- Prep your hair: prepping your hair is an important step, this will allow you to have an amazing look. Prepping is done by making sure the hair is tangle or knot free and applying any hair product needed for the wanted hairstyle.
- Gather your hair: Once your hair is prepped and ready you should start brushing your hair towards the direction you want it to be, for example, if you are going to tie the ponytail on the middle of your head then brush it towards that zone.
- Tie your hair: Now it is time for you to tie your hair. It is not a secret that the best option for this trick is to do it with a hair band but you can do it with however you feel safer-
- Finish with details: This last step is optional if you want to style your ponytail. You can tease some hair out in order to frame your face, or you can add some decorative hair pins to make it stand out even more.
This is a common look for our little angels in the house.
There is no other hairstyle that can make them look as cute as any other.
And it is actually a rather simple one, the only true difficulty would be to make sure the two ponytails are at the same height.
That this look is amazing for your little girl it does not mean that you can’t use it.
Girls and women can also wear this hairstyle and look amazingly with it, although to not look childish you should opt for keeping the ponytails at the lower sides of your head.
Here are the steps on how to achieve this hairstyle:
- Prep your hair: Make sure your hair in clean and tangle free before continuing with the rest of the steps. A long hair free of knots can be the difference between a nice hairstyle and one that looks like a mess.
- Divide your hair: For this hairstyle you will need to divide your hair in two, with something thin and sharp like a pencil or the edge of your hair brush you can create a line from the front of your head all the way to the nape, all through the center of your head.
- Tie your hair: Now it is time for you to tie your hair, simply grab a hair band and pass the hair in between twists in order to secure your hair. Do as many twist as you feel needed-
- Make sure it looks like you intended it to: If you tie your hair and you are left with some unwanted stray hairs then make sure to pin the back up. And if you want some strand of hair to frame your face then you can tease some strands out to achieve the look you want.
If you want to make your hair look even longer you can create an optical illusion with two ponytails.
You can do two ponytails on your long hair in order to make it seem even longer.
This is actually a pretty simple hairstyle that will not take more than a couple minutes to realize and it will make you seem as if you had a hair that has no end.
Remember that this hair will not actually make your hair longer but creating the illusion for a day or a special occasion can make just the difference needed when looking for a change of look or if you are simply checking out how having even longer hair can make you look.
To achieve this hairstyle, you will need to follow this next steps:
- Prep your hair: by making sure it is knot or tangle free by brushing your hair thoroughly, and that it is ready to be tied up.
- Divide your hair: Now that your hair is ready it is time for you to divide your hair. This step is pretty much the same as the last hairstyle with the exception that here you are going to divide your hair at the height of your ear with a straight line going from ear to ear.
- Gather your hair: Make sure you tied the top half of your hair so it does not bother you while you work on the lower half. Once you did that it is time to gather the hair at the bottom of the head
- Tie your hair: once you gathered your hair, it is time to put those hair bands into use and tie the hair at the lower part of your hair into a ponytail.
- Repeat the steps 3 and 4 on the top half of your hair and you are done.
You can make the ponytails be at the height you want, and how separated as you want them to be.
But make sure that you don’t separate them too much as the second, or lower, ponytail will be too noticeable, so you need to find the distance that works better for you.
Buns are also a great option for you to tie your hair.
Buns are somewhat similar to ponytails, but instead of having your hair hanging down and moving with you, it will be twisted up sort of in a bun shape (from there their name) so you will be almost completely free from your hair when wearing this hairstyle.
You have plenty of options when trying to do a bun, there are pretty simple buns for amateurs as well as people who don’t really have too much practice with doing hairstyles.
And there are other for more experienced people who do have more practice and abilities at the moment of applying hairstyles.
Now, we’re going to explain how to do the simplest of these buns:
- Prep your hair: Prepping your hair is an important step to make sure the bun for your long hair hairstyle looks the best possible way. You can prep your hair by making sure its tangle or knot free.
- Gather your hair up: To gather your hair all you need to do is brush it with either a hair brush or even your fingers towards where you want to place the bun (top, middle or lower part of your head), making sure there are no bumps or stray hairs around your head.
- Tie your hair up: Grab a head band and start by tying your hair up as if it were a ponytail, when you are passing your hair thought the head band the third time you should pass it just halfway in order for you to end up with sort of a loop.
- Perfect the look: once you are done with all the steps you should take little time to make the hairstyle look as you want it to. All you need to do is take a look in the mirror and decide if you want more or less loose strands of hair framing your face.
These steps are for the simplest bun we could find, of course there are plenty of more bun hairstyles out there that you can try out, like the top knot or the rose one.
For the simplicity of this hairstyle is mostly used when looking to take your care off your hair when doing some physical activity or when trying to cool off a little on a hot day.
This does not mean that this simple and quick look can’t be fashionable!
You will just need to take a little more time to make it look a little bit more how you want it to look, and maybe add some decorated hair accessories to make pop out more.
If you don’t want to do just one bun, then the known space buns may be the perfect option for you.
We know that sometimes hairstyles can feel like the same over and over again, but if you like having your hair un in a bun then you can try the space buns.
These buns are a great option if you are a person who likes to step outside of their comfort zone and try new things.
All you need to do is try this easy and gorgeous hairstyle
Space buns are, although not so common, a very cute and simple way to style your long hair in a short amount of time.
They are usually done at the top sides of the head, sometimes giving the effect of cat ears if done in the right style and with the correct technique.
To achieve the space buns all you need to do is follow this simple steps:
- Make sure your hair is set and ready for this hairstyle, remove all tangles and knots and be sure you have everything you are going to need at hand so you don’t run around trying to find it in the middle of doing the hairstyle.
- Once you have everything ready you can start dividing your hair in half though the middle of your head. It is important that you divide your head right through the middle in order for you to have the same amount of hair in both buns.
- Gather up your hair, brushing it with your fingers or a brush in order to avoid any bumps or hairs out of place. During this step you can leave out some stray hairs if you want them to as well as leaving your bangs out.
- Tie your buns! You can tie your buns in any way you feel more comfortable. The most common way to do it with this hairstyle is the simple twist bun. All you need to do is gather your hair up as if you were going to do a ponytail and twist in your hair, twisting in on itself in order to end with a cute bun.
- You are done! All that’s left now is doing the last details of the hairstyle. Maybe you want to tease out more loose hair strands or to add any hair decorative hair pins to the look.
This hairstyle works perfectly with long hair, especially if you want to take it off completely off your face. It is a look that makes you look young and free without even trying to do it, and if that wasn’t enough this hairstyle works perfectly with any hair type.
You can also do multiple buns in a vertical line.
If you liked the idea of having two or more buns in your head, but don’t really like the idea of adding them at either side of your head then you can try with a really simple and easy multiple vertical buns hairstyle.
This hairstyle is very similar to the look of the space buns, but instead of doing the buns at either side of your hair you are going to apply them one on top of the other, in other words, one is going to be at a lower part of your hair and the other at a higher part.
The most common way this hairstyle is known is by having 3 cute buns. Just like the new Star Wars trilogy protagonist; Rey.
In order to get this 3 bunned look you should follow this steps:
- Make sure your long hair in prepped and ready to apply this hairstyle. You can prep your hair by brushing it to make sure there are no knots that can cause bumps in your hair when tying up the hair. As well as applying any hair product to make the hair be more manageable.
- Divide your hair horizontally in three sections. One at the top of your head, one at the middle and one at the bottom, tie them loosely with a bun, ponytail or with hair clips in order to not mix them together while working in each individual section of hair.
- Once you divided and clipped your long hair it is time to pick a section to work with first. We recommend for you to start with the top one so there’s no option for the other hair piece falling on you while you are working on them.
- This step consists on you gathering your hair brushing it towards where the bun is going to be. Brush the hair back with a hair brush or even with your fingers to make sure there are no lumps or imperfections at the moment of tying up your hair.
- Tie up your hair, the easier way to tie your hair up is with a hairband, just tie your hair up as if you were doing a ponytail and when you are passing the hair through the hair band for the third time do it just halfway in order to end up with sort of a loop.
- Repeat the steps 4 and 5 with the other two hair sections and you are done.
In order this hairstyle for long hair is a very good option for you if you are not afraid to step outside of the box and try something new and not so common in our everyday life.
You can look amazing with it.
Braids are a great option for all long hair types and a perfect option for you.
Braids are another perfect hairstyle for long hair for you, we just can avoid thinking about how much options you have to braid your hair, we are sure that there are braided hairstyles available for any occasion you can think about.
They are not only very versatile but they are also very easy to make and end up with a beautiful look that will make you look amazing not mattering what type of hair you have, this hairstyle can look perfect with curly, straight, wavy or coyly hair.
There are, ditch, fishtail and two and three stranded braids. So many options for you to try on your hair and being able to try new things every time you want. In the following steps we are going to explain how to do the French braid:
- Brush your hair so there are no knots or tangles that can mess and slow you down while braiding your hair.
- Start by taking a little piece of hair from the middle of your forehead and dividing it in three. Here you are going to start to braid a simple three stranded braid.
- Once you have moved two times the same strands of hair towards the centered part you are going to start adding other pieces of hair from the loose hair into the braid. Incorporating the new hair strand to the strand that you are going to move to the middle.
- Keep doing step 3 until you are left with no more hair to add to the French braid.
- Once you’re done all you have to do is finish the braid, or tie a hair band in order to end up with a ponytail at the end of the French braid.
Braids can be a very good option for you when trying to tie up part of your hair
You can braid just one side of your hair to end up with a half-tied look.
This can give you an edgier and even an elegant look if you are willing to try it.
All you have to do is follow this simple steps:
- Brush your hair in order for you to not have any tangle so it is easier for you when braiding.
- Divide the hair you want to braid from the rest of the hair.
- Loosely tie the hair you are going to leave loose either with a hair tie or with a hair clip so it does not bother you when braiding your hair.
- Braid the other section of hair with either a French or a dutch braid so you end up with the desired result.
- Let the rest of your hair loose and style it the way you want it to fall, adding curls or straightening it and you are done!
Braids can be an extra in any other hairstyle so they don’t become repetitive
When trying hairstyles sometimes you don’t really want to change your everyday look, at the end of the day it has worked for you so far and you look so good in it without mentioning that you feel good when wearing it.
But sometimes you also want to try something new, well we have the answer to your prayers!
You can add a braid to your favorite hairstyle in order to change it up a little bit and throw something special to the mix.
All you have to do is think outside the box and looking for a way to add it to your long hair hairstyle.
For example, if you really like the space buns and want to add a braid to them then you just need to follow this steps:
- Start your hair routine as usual, prepping your hair and dividing it in the half as you normally do.
- Once you are ready to do the buns you need to wait a minute and start doing the braids, for this tutorial we recommend for you to try the upside down braids from the nape of your neck towards the place where the bun it going to be.
- Once you are done with the upside down braid all you have to do is tie your hair up like a ponytail and do the bun of your preference.
- Repeat the action with the other half of your hair and you are done with the desired look!
Men hairstyles for long hair
Long hair hairstyles for men are often seen as girly or feminine.
But the truth is that in the last few years long hair in men has become a very used trend that does not look like is going to go away, more often than not when out in the streets you are going to see a man with long hair and the truth is that they look very handsome.
If you are a long haired guy, then you may be one of the firsts admitting that girls do really love a man with long hair.
For certain reason they feel attracted to a man with long hair; this may be because they have a little of a wilder and uncommon look that just works perfectly with so many of us women.
When talking about men hairstyles for long hair there is really not really a big difference with long hair hairstyles for women, there are a plethora of options and opportunities for you to try on your hair to go around breaking all the hearts you have always wanted to break.
Finding and every day hairstyle can be a very difficult task, trying on various hairstyles and checking if they are the correct one for you and what you do on your everyday life.
This particular hairstyle has won so much popularity through the last few years and it is here to stay! It’s a hairstyle that’s very good for those of you out there who don’t really have too much experience when doing hairstyles.
A man bun is an amazing hairstyle for every day as it does not really need a crazy amount of hair product to achieve this look.
As well as being a very versatile look that can go from an everyday messy bun to a very formal tight bun that any man can have on themselves.
This hairstyle looks perfect on any man with long hair, it does not matter if you have a beard or not, you are going to break hearts wherever you go.
Up next we are going to present the steps you need to follow to achieve this look:
- Prepare your hair by making sure it’s clean and free of any tangle or knot so the rest of the process goes by smoother. If you have curly hair make sure that you have applied a hair conditioner or a cream before starting to make the hairstyle go on smother.
- Once your hair is ready it’s time for you to gather your hair as if you were going to tie a ponytail, meaning that you will just have to gather up your hair in one of your hands, and get the hairband ready for the next step:
- Now it’s time for you to tie your hair. For this you need to wrap the hair band around the ponytail and twist it in order to pass the hair through it a second time. Then, pull your ponytail once more through the hairband but only half way in order to create a loop.
- Finish up the look by fixing any loose hair strands that are out of place and tweaking the position and size of the bun to make the hairstyle look just as you want it to.
Now, as we said before this hairstyle is beautiful thanks to its simplicity.
There are plenty of way to perform it, for example you can have the bun at the top of your head, the middle or even at the nape of your neck, and it does not even matter what’s your hair texture this hairstyle can be perfect for you.
Half up hairstyles are a great option for all of you.
This hairstyle is the best option for you if what you want to do is show the length of your mane as well as avoiding the hair from going to your face is a half up hairstyle.
It’s a unique, classic and styles way of taming your hair without stopping it from looking wild.
This hairstyle may look better with curly, textured or thick hair as it will have the better-looking results with the thickness of the hair.
But this does not mean that if you have thin or straight hair the hairstyle is not going to look good on you, you will be completely capable of performing this look if you prepare your hair with some hair products to increase the volume and to get the perfect depth of hair for this hairstyle.
To do this hairstyle all you need to do is follow this steps:
- Prep your hair by untangling it and making sure that it’s knot-free for the rest of the steps to go as fluidly as possible. If you have curly or coyly hair make sure your hair is hydrated and with a cream or conditioner on in order to make the hairstyle look better and even last longer.
- Divide your hair, you can divide it at the height you want it to, but we recommend for you to divide it at the height of your ears so you are quite literally dividing your hair in half.
- Once you have divided your hair you are ready to start gathering up your hair. Now take the hair in the top part of the two portions and gather it up as if you were going to tie a ponytail.
- Now that you have gathered your hair you can start by tying it up in any way you want it to. It can be a bun, a ponytail, and it can also be a braid if you are feeling like it.
- Finnish the look by fixing any detail you can find, either by pinning back stray hairs, or creating more to make it a messier look.
This hairstyle is a perfect idea for you when looking for an everyday look.
It’s a perfect option to have the best of both world this way you won’t have hair going onto your face, but you are going to be able to show the lengths of your long hair all the time
Wear it loose and messy
There’s nothing that a woman likes more than looking at a man that’s clean but still has the freedom of looking wild and daring.
And the easiest way to achieve this, besides doing a messy version of the hairstyle we have already talked about, is by leaving your long hair free and loose in order for you to have this wild but handsome look.
One of the biggest perks of this hairstyle is that is needs a really short amount of time to achieve in the morning, so if you are in a hurry to get to job o to where you are going you can be on time and look the best you would look.
Maybe you can style your hair a little bit extra with a little of hair spray or hair wax so it stays the way you want it to during all day. It just makes sense so the hair looks the way you want it to.
If you want to style your hair with hair wax this are the steps you need to follow:
- Make sure your hair is prepped and ready for the hairstyle. This is achieved by making sure you have clean and conditioned hair as well as brushing it to leave it free of any knot or tangle.
- Pick up a little amount of wax, with just a little on the tip of your fingers while brushing your hair backwards or sideways with your fingers in order to pass the wax through your hair allowing it to stay that way all day long but without making it look too stiff.
- Make sure your hair looks the way you want it to. A little secret for the hair wax is to apply it over dry hair to make it look natural but if you want a ‘wetter’ or more noticeable way to have your hair slicked back then you can apply it on wet hair.
At the end of the day remember that hairstyles are a way to express oneself, and they should do just that, don’t follow what other people think, or say, just be yourself and you will feel better not only in looks but also in confidence when rocking the hairstyle, you’ve always wanted.
Following your heart is one of the most important things you need to do when looking for a new look for your hair.
Because, you are the one that is going to wear that hairstyle and if it makes you feel comfortable and good then no one should have the right of taking that away from you.
There are infinities of hairstyles that can be done in a lake hair. You should definitely encourage them to take them out and look very cute and different every day. The best of all is that they are not difficult to make, but they are very simple and also very comfortable, surely everyone will be impressed with your new looks.
Thanks for reading! You are always welcome here.
Don’t forget to keep reading our posts and if you liked it, make sure to share with your friends and family to let them know how to have the best results when they have a change of look.
¡Por cierto! Antes de que te vayas, queremos recomendarte esto que seguro que te interesa:
- Hairstyles for women
- Mid length hairstyles
- Braided Hairstyles
- Japanese hairstyles
- Asian Hairstyles
- Hairstyles with bangs
- 80s Hairstyles
- Bob hairstyles
- Shoulder length hairstyles
Son una serie de contenidos a parte del que has leído que puede ser interesante para tí ¡Muchas gracias por leernos!